As I continued goodbyes today, Lou suggested that I write down some of the God moments on this journey. Here are some...
I have been able to be open with my school and administration upon first sensing this calling. All I have received is affirmation.
I was hired to teach math journeys for the summer, helping me save money for moving expenses.
Knowing that I had obligations in June, I knew that it would have to be a "God thing" to obtain an interview. My interview was scheduled the first day after math journeys ended.
Beth, a friend of a friend, who is a children's minister in Tuscaloosa has been so helpful that there aren't words to describe it. She contacted friends, went through staff lists of every school in Tuscaloosa, drove me around town to see schools, opened her home and the list goes on and on. People who are so helpful make this experience so humbling.
Beth's friend on the school board took my resume to principals for me.
The Sunday before the interview, I had reached a frustration point. I love my life here and was fighting for what I don't even know anything about. After conversations with my roommate and friend, I was praying for discernment regarding the situation. After church, Mary came to me. Acknowledging that she might sound crazy, she shared with me that God had directed her to give me confirmation regarding my decision.
As I drive around town that day, I learn wonderful things about the principal I am interviewing with.
In the interview, I realize that the interviewer is a friend of a friend as well.
I have never been so sure of any decision in my life. I've never had a leading this clear and have never seen God so clearly work. However, I feel more dependant on Him than I ever have in my life. I know that my actions, my life, my work doesn't limit His work, but can limit what He does through me. I am scared to death. I'm scared to start over, scared to screw up, scared to be away from family. I've done it before, but it seems different this time. But, I know and am constantly reminded that He has called me, He has provided and He is able. This is for His glory and He will be glorified through it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment